PAGE CONTENT - select topic below:
The First Religious Profession:
Pope's Prayer Intention for May:
MAY | For Faith-Filled Young People
Maria Trost Pastoral Centre, Lydenburg, Witbank Diocese
Letter of Solidarity from the
Violence and Looting in
No to Looting in South Africa
Opening Address SACBC Plenary
THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS
TITULAR PATRON OF THE INSTITUTE
Message from the General Council
Message from the Provincial Superior RSA
COMBONI MISSIONARIES SOUTH AFRICA
LUMKO INSTITUTE, 12-16 April 2021
We are grateful to God for the presence and
guidance of His Spirit during our Assembly.
We also thank you for your prayers.
Play these challenging Catholic Quiz Games
and see how much you really know about your Faith!
Play a Free Bible Trivia Game
How much do you know about Sacred Scripture?
Test your knowledge of the Word of God in the areas of:
* Art and Culture
* Love and War
* General Knowledge
Play a Free Catholic Trivia Game
How much do you know about your Catholic Faith and Catholic culture?
Test your knowledge of the Catholic Church in the areas of:
* Art and Literature
* Liturgy and Customs
* Saints and Personalities
Play a Free Catholic Catechism Trivia Game
How much do you know about the Catechism?
Test your knowledge of the Catechism in the areas of:
* The Profession of Faith
* The Celebration of the Christian Mystery
* Lift in Christ
* Christian Prayer
The Catholic Game is the most fun and exciting way to educate and test your knowledge of the Catholic Faith! A comprehensive bank of 1,000 questions will quiz your brain on: Dogma & Theology, Bible Trivia, History & Tradition, People & Places, and Rituals, Objects, & The Mass. Additionally, you can test your knowledge with a bank of 100 popular images and symbols of the Catholic Church, Questions range from very easy to very hard. You only have 30 seconds to choose an answer! After you choose an answer, The Catholic Game will either confirm or correct your choice. Good luck! You could be on your way to being the next great scholar and theologian of the Church!
Saint of The Day
Doctrinal Homily Outlines
- Papal visit a wake up call for Canadians May 18, 2022For six days in July the most important thing happening in this country will be an old man confronting our history.
- Vatican's foreign minister travels to Ukraine May 18, 2022Archbishop Paul R. Gallagher, the Vatican foreign minister, was set to visit Ukraine May 18-20, meeting with church and government officials, people displaced by the war and towns destroyed by Russian bombings.
- Chaos, curfew after arrests in mob murder of student accused of blasphemy May 17, 2022Catholic churches in Sokoto suspended Masses May 15 as the governor imposed a 24-hour curfew to quell violence during protests against the arrest of young men for the May 12 murder of Deborah Yakubu.
- Citing 'police state,' Cardinal Bo urges prayers for Hong Kong May 16, 2022Cardinal Charles Maung Bo, president of the Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences, urged prayers for Hong Kong after the detention of Cardinal Joseph Zen Ze-kiun.
- Cardinal Collins ordains four, calls them to conform to Christ May 16, 2022Before rising before the gathered at St. Michael’s Cathedral-Basilica as priests, each of four men accepted a chalice from Cardinal Thomas Collins. The chalice was a gift to Toronto Bishop Armand-François-Marie de Charbonnel from Pope Pius IX in the 1850s.
- Post-COVID, migrant worker issues remain May 15, 2022This will be a better summer for migrant workers on Canadian farms, but only because local health authorities have become better at identifying and controlling COVID-19 outbreaks and not because Canada has addressed fundamental issues that made COVID into a rolling disaster across farm country the last two summers, says Connie Sorio.
- Ethiopia in crisis: the forgotten war May 14, 2022With much of the world’s focus on the war in Ukraine, Ethiopian Catholic leaders world-wide have been calling on the international community not to forget the thousands of people impacted by conflict in the East African nation’s Tigray region.
- Roe v. Wade leak gives March for Life added momentum May 13, 2022Thousands, emboldened by the news that an almost 50-year-old ruling opening up abortion in the U.S. is expected to be overturned, converged on Parliament Hill for the annual National March for Life May 12.
- Pope Francis fighting personal pain to heal Indigenous wounds May 13, 2022Pope Francis will visit a residential school and will very likely be seen on the shores of Lac Ste. Anne during the annual pilgrimage to Manitou Sakahigan – Cree for “Lake of the Spirit.”
- New paths sought in reconciliation walk May 13, 2022Chief Cadmus Delorme of Cowessess First Nation and Regina Archbishop Donald Bolen have been walking together for some time now — including through the work of ground-penetrating radar and finding 751 hits near a former Catholic-run residential school on Cowesses First Nation east of Regina in the summer of 2021.